1. CPU processing power is limited
2. Usually able to access 8GB RAM
3. Only works with base processor speed (no turbo boost)
4. Less expensive to purchase laptops or desktops running a core i3
5. Less ability for multitasking.
6. Can only access 2 cores of processors hence very difficult to multitask
7. Have low onboard memory (cache) usually 3mb to 4mb
8. Clock speed is usually low and cannot be overclocked.
9. Sometimes supports hyperthreading
Intel Core i5
1. Usually more processing power than Core i3
2. Base speed and turbo speed is possible
3. A bit pricey buying laptops or desktops with core i5
4. Mostly able to access upto 32gb RAM
5. Built specifically to be able to multi-task.